Saturday, May 13, 2006

#30 - You're Not Bitchy...Go Have Another Smoke

Happy Mother's Day mom's from Zee and Zed (and Nanny Zed).

Topics discussed include welcome to our guest, the new anti-smoking pill, Karen's retraction, the unique automobile discussion continues (see below and also see this car that isn't the one I mention but quite similiar), Susan's reaction to podcasting and a few podcasts she has enjoyed (as well as an alarming relevation regarding a podcaster's voice), "Americanadian Differences - Smarties vs. Smarties", "Ask Lyndon - Hash", Target, and a touching number by Susan. Also, hats of to Ajay of All Axis Radio, he's a generous man.

Shows and sites mentioned include:All Axis Radio: Canada, The Big Show, Quirky Outtakes, Two Boobs and a Baby, Shane and Tom's Squeeze Box, Scribbles from L.A., Dicks&Janes, 5 Mac Tips, The Bob and A.J. Show, and The Poddog Show.

Music by Supersuckers and King Bonk.

-Ross

10 Comments:

  • Susan does sound "smokin'"! Good sense of humour. I hope she is on next week, too!

    By Blogger etherdog, at 9:43 AM  

  • Karen your mum is very cool! :)
    I love Smarties, but we didn't get that song...:(

    By Blogger Highlights from two years of blogging., at 10:58 AM  

  • f it ever stops raining, we have about a quart of ripe strawberries to harvest.

    The crystalization around the opening of the bottle is nothing to
    worry about. It is usually caused by the cork not forming a good
    enough seal at the bottling process, but as the cork absorbs moisture,
    it will swell and form a good seal. The crystals are probably sugar crystals, as eiswein is fairly sweet. When the bottle is corked and
    labeled, it is packed upside down in the case, again forming another
    barrier to oxidation. You should sniff the wine to make sure it has
    not turned to vinegar. If it has, you can use it as vinegar, so in no
    case should you dispose of the wine.

    Really liked Susan when she deigned to speak. I hope she will be more
    loquatious next week. Maybe you should get her drunk before you
    record? That would be fun!

    Thanks for the shout-out!
    Cheers!

    By Blogger etherdog, at 1:32 PM  

  • Wow, Susan makes her debut on my show. I truly feel honored! I love your mom, but I will lay it down right here, your mom vs mine for podcasting supremacy. I had my mom on my show today so I think the gauntlet has been laid down. I love your show!

    Your poddad,
    Aaron

    By Blogger Aaron, at 7:58 PM  

  • Dude (et) your mum sounds hot.

    By Blogger Daryl Cognito, at 8:33 PM  

  • I can't believe you haven't had your Mom listen to Nobodies!!! Naw, just kidding. I KNOW I don't want my own mom to listen to it.
    Keep up the good show!

    ~Jason

    P.S....Ed from 5 Mactips sounds suspiciously like El Nacho. Am I on to something?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:36 PM  

  • acck! I'm behind in my listening. I have hardly listned to a podcast in a week because I'm so busy planning my trip home to Canada and the wedding. This one sounds interesting and I can't wait to listen. mmmm plane ride home. OKay I'll listen then!

    Hope things are good.
    Cheers,
    Sean

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:56 PM  

  • Two words: More Mom.

    The show was freakin' hilarious!

    :-)

    By Blogger jtl, at 9:25 AM  

  • Karen your mom did great! Tell her I don't think I could get my mom on our show, so she is a brave woman.

    By Blogger Redboy, at 6:06 AM  

  • Mrs. Zed has a fantastic radio voice. Very soothing. What a fantastic song, especially because it was composed on the fly.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home